A CEB (Continuing Education of the Bar) Program designed for attorneys who advise start ups.
Date/Time: Friday May 1, 2015 – 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Venue: Bar Association of San Francisco • Conference Room A/B • 301 Battery St., 3rd floor
JONATHAN T. RUBENS
ROBERT V. HAWN
RICHARD G. J. MCDERBY
PATRICIA A. MURPHY
Are you ready to advise the next wave of startups? Whether your client is an entrepreneur with nothing more than a business summary roughed out on a napkin, or a startup team further along in development, all early-stage companies need significant legal advice, in many different areas, to make their dreams a reality. Learn from our expert panel about critical issues facing startup and early stage companies and how you can best position your clients to achieve maximum growth.
– Blood, sweat, and cash—capitalization and founder agreements
– Workers, vesting, and shares—tax gotchas for startup teams
– Incentivizing wisely–options vs. alternate incentive comp structures
– Securing ownership of assets—provisional patents, work-for-hire, confidentiality, invention assignment
– Brand-building essentials—trademark and corporate identity strategies
– Seed financing alternatives—convertible debt and other seed stage equity
– Current trends in early-stage venture term sheets—what’s market
This is an advanced level program. Significant prior transactional business law experience is assumed.