STLGip – Santa Clara, CA
STLGip, a growing boutique technology law firm, has an opportunity for a senior attorney with IP experience. This is the perfect position for the right professional who wishes to develop his/her own practice within a quality driven, supportive, and flexible law firm and also receive projects from the Firm.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Commitment to high quality work product;
- 10+ years of relevant legal experience;
- Admitted to practice law in California;
- Registered with the USPTO;
- Substantial experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the electrical and computer science arts (prosecution of software, analog/digital circuits, wireless communications, or networking);
- Broader technical experience (e.g., instrumentation, medical device) a plus;
- Primary experience in Patent prosecution. Trademark and transactional experience is a plus;
- Operational experience prior to legal career;
- Independent self-starter work style with outstanding work-product.
The attorney will be responsible for dealing directly with clients. This position is not suitable for professionals who operate and actively market their own firm to clients due to legal and business conflict issues.
Working with STLGip:
- Flexible schedule and no arbitrary billing quotas;
- Earn significantly more per billable hour;
- Rewarded for business development and earn a percentage of the fees collected from all work performed for clients you bring to the firm regardless of who within the firm performs the work;
- Can work from any physical location (including our offices on the Peninsula) that you or your client desire.
If you are qualified and interested, please submit, via email, a resume, cover letter, and 3 published patent writing samples. Please include the ad’s title in the subject heading.
For more information about our team, please visit our website.
Local candidates only please.
No recruiters please.
Thank you for your interest– all responses are confidential!