Please join us for an exciting conference and meet the minds behind the technical innovations and licensing of such mega-hits and teams as Star Trek, Star Wars, San Jose Sharks, San Francisco 49ers, and the media & technology companies that power them, including Technicolor, Dolby Laboratories, TiVo, and Starz!
Morning keynote by United States Patents and Trademark Office Chief Policy Officer on Balancing policy, creativity, and innovation in the digital economy.
This conference celebrates the 15th Anniversary of the Licensing Executives Society/Silicon Valley Chapter.
Click here for more details.
Click here for online registration.
When: April 29, 2015 08:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Where: Hewlett-Packard World Headquarters, 3000 Hanover Street, Palo Alto, CA 94304
• LES-SVC: Introductions
• Welcome Address: Filippo Torrigiani, VP, Intellectual Property Sales & Licensing, Hewlett-Packard Company
• USPTO-Silicon Valley Introduction and Update: John Cabeca, Director, United States Patent and Trademark Office-Silicon Valley
• Keynote Address: “Balancing policy, creativity, and innovation in the digital economy: How can the goals of national copyright policy and global Internet policies work in tandem”
– Shira Perlmutter, Chief Policy Officer and Director for International Affairs, United States Patent and Trademark Office
• Morning Panel: “Monetizing Intellectual Property in the World of Sports”
– Michael Beaubien, San Jose State University, Assistant Athletic Director
– Maggy Carlyle, San Jose Sharks, Associate Counsel
– J. Douglas Hollie, President, NFL Players Association, Northern California Chapter; Founder, S.M.A.R.T. Students, Inc.
– Jim Kovach, B.S., M.D., J.D., and all-SEC Linebacker for the New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers, SVP Business Development, CrowdOptic
– Nathan Treu, Counsel, PAC-12 Networks
• Keynote Conversation on “Technology is not the Silver Bullet: The Power of Storytelling in Developing a Monetizable Lifestyle Brand or Entertainment Franchise”
– André Lake Mayer, President, Brand Strategy, ZAG Animation Studios. Former executive at Lucasfilm & Paramount Pictures, Playmates Toys, Bandai Toys; in all capacities involved with launching and building consumer brands from Star Trek & Star Wars, Forrest Gump, Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, Disney Princesses & Fairies.
– Kenneth Markman, CEO, KKM Global Brand Strategies,Professor at UCLA, Branding and marketing consultant to Universal Studios, 20th Century Fox, Mattel Toys, USOC (United States Olympic Committee), and The Weather Channel
• Afternoon Panel: “Innovations Fueling the Sports and Entertainment Industries”
– Kim Blair, Technology Executive, Cooper Perkins; & Founding Director at MIT Sports Innovation Lab
– Kevin J. Mack, Assistant Chief Patent Counsel, Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
– John Penney, Chief Strategy Officer, Starz
– Jonathan Steuer, Chief Research Officer, TiVo
– Soody Tronson, Founding Manager, STLGip Intellectual Property Law Firm
– Ted Wolcott, SVC of Technology Licensing, Technicolor
• Coffee, Chocolate, Wine Tasting Event from 4:15 – 5:30 p.m. (same venue)
Presented by Soody Tronson, Managing Founder, STLGip, Technology Law Firm; Chairwoman, LES Silicon Valley Chapter
Tasting experience by:
HighNote Coffee, Oscar Nunez, Founder, CEO
Ribevi Wine, Paolo Cagnoni, CEO
Dandelion Chocolate, Becky Wurwarg, Event Executive