TechLAB Innovation Center and STLGip are proudly hosting a local competition for InnovateHER 2016.
The SBA is looking for innovative products and services that help impact and empower the lives of women and families. Our workforce looks very different than what it used to be 50 years ago. Women now make up nearly half of the labor force and play a critical role in our nation’s economic prosperity. Most children live in households where both parents work. And as our population ages, families are increasingly caring for aging parents while balancing the needs of work and home. As the demands on women and families grow, the need for products and services that address these unique challenges increases. This Challenge will provide a platform to fulfill that need.
To participate in the contest, we are looking for companies that are developing a product or service that meets the following three Challenge criteria:
• Has a measurable impact on the lives of women and families (30%)
• Has the potential for commercialization (40%) and
• Fills a need in the marketplace (30%)
Prizes for Finalist at National Level
Cash prizes totaling $70,000 will be awarded to the three highest-rated contestants in the “final national round” of the Challenge in the following amounts:
• 1st Place – $40,000
• 2nd Place – $20,000
• 3rd Place – $10,000
For winning entries submitted by teams of competitors, prize money will be awarded to the self-identified project leader for distribution to the rest of the team at their discretion and independently from SBA.
Local Competition for Semi-Finalists:
• Up to 10 applicants will be selected for a live pitch on Nov. 19th, 2015 at the TechLab Innovation Center in Santa Clara.
• One winner will be identified based on its pitch on Nov. 19th, 2015. This winner will qualify to compete in the final national competition. National selection committee will choose 10 from throughout the nation to give a live pitch in Washington, D.C. on March 17, 2016. and the top three winners will share the $70,000 cash awards given by Microsoft.
• Selection as a semi-finalist following a local competition is the only means of registering for the Challenge. All nominations will be screened by SBA for eligibility. Contestants cannot submit entries directly to SBA.
Applications (minimum requirements)
To apply, you must submit:
• A pitch deck of no more then 10 slides
• Pitch deck file name should have your company name
• First slide of pitch deck should include name and contact for person pitching
• Please include, in the subject heading of the email: “InnovateHer 2016 Competition by ‘company name'”
• Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (no later than 5 pm on November 13, 2015)
Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by November 16, 2015. Pitching is FREE, only if selected.
We hope to see you soon!
Click Here for additional details and to learn more.