Join the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, U.S. Commercial Service and the Licensing Executives Society-Silicon Valley for a two-hour workshop on intellectual property rights protection in Europe, cross-border licensing strategies, and ways the Department of Commerce supports U.S. companies to grow sales worldwide, including through hallmark trade fairs such as Hannover Messe 2016.
Date: Monday, December 7, 2015, 1-3pm
Location: U.S. Patent & Trademark Office – Silicon Valley, 26 S. Fourth Street, San Jose, CA 95113
– Whether you have done business in Europe for decades or just days, mastering intellectual property protection across the continent is critical to growing sales. At this workshop, you will receive an overview of Europe’s patent regime from experts at the USPTO, and learn what resources are available to support your company to effectively manage IP in this vast and important market.
– In an IP-intensive region such as Silicon Valley, cross-border licensing is an important means to develop new sales channels across the globe, yet, even the most accomplished tech firm can be tripped up in these arrangements. Learn from a seasoned licensing practitioner about successful licensing strategies.
– How do large trade show organizers such as Deutsche Messe help companies protect IP at trade events? What are the most effective sales strategies to consider at hallmark events such as Hannover Messe? Hear from the experts at Deutsche Messe who will provide insights and examples of how to successfully maximize time and space at these shows.
– Were you aware that the Department of Commerce offers a vast array of free and low-cost programs to support U.S. companies to expand into international markets? Learn from one of our most experienced commercial diplomats about how to tap into the many programs we offer, including our services at Hannover Messe 2016.
All speakers, including USPTO, U.S. Commercial Service, Hannover Messe, and LES-Silicon Valley will be available to meet 1:1 following the workshop.
– Patent Regime in Europe, John Cabeca, Director, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office-Silicon Valley
– Cross-Border Licensing Between the U.S. & Europe — Soody Tronson, Chair, Licensing Executive Society – Silicon Valley; Founder, STLGip, Technology Law Firm
– U.S. Commercial Service Initiatives to Support Intellectual Property-Intensive Exports to Europe — Bill Czajkowski, U.S. Commercial Service, U.S. Embassy – Warsaw, Poland
– Protecting Intellectual Property & Effective Selling Techniques at International Trade Shows — Markus Schorak, Director of Sales, Deutsch Messe, Hannover, Germany
– Overview of Hannover Messe (Germany), April 2016 — Aryan Zandieh, Director of Sales, Hannover Fairs USA